Northern Australian Fire Managers Forum
When: Tuesday 19 June and Wednesday 20 June 2012
Where: Queensland Fire and Rescue Service, Northern Regional Office
Fire Managers from across the north of Australia discussed topics of current interest to the region at the Northern Australian Fire Management Forum.
An outcome of the meeting was the annual Bushfire Seasonal Outlook for northern Australia - the Outlook was publically distributed as a Bushfire CRC Fire Note.
On the second day, a field trip looked at the fire mitigation works and interface issues on the Main Range near Townsville. This was an opportunity to discuss common multi agency issues with land tenures involving Queensland National Parks, local council and the Department of Defense.
Supt. Ken Beasley, Queensland Fire and Rescue Service Regional Manager Northern hosted the Bushfire CRC sponsored Northern Australian Fire Management Forum.
Agenda for the Meeting - including some presentations.
- Jurisdictional updates
- Discussion and ratification of Northern Seasonal Outlook
- Fire Climate Modelling
- Carbon Initiatives in the North of Australia and National Carbon Farming initiatives
- Cape York and FNQ Gamba Grass management project
- TC Yasi impact
- NAFi update
- Wildfire spread prediction mapping
- National prescribed burning project; and other national initiatives
- Fire and Emergency Management Research Institute update on migration of Bushfire CRC