A program of interactive and engaging events for the fire and research community as well as the general public is a key part of promoting the research outputs of the Bushfire CRC.
This page promotes upcoming events - both Bushfire CRC owned and external related events - and also contains outputs from past research events. Much of the Bushfire CRC annual events program has been integrated with AFAC’s Knowledge Events through a joint initiative - Professional Development Events.
Holding an Event? - Assistance Available
The Bushfire CRC annual events program has been integrated with AFAC’s Knowledge Event through a joint initiative - Professional Development Events. Download the Guidelines on how to run events or meet your needs for your event .
We can provide the following assistance with your events:
- Funding support for catering and venue hire
- Logistics support – arrangement of catering and room hire
- Marketing & branding – we have template Flyers available
- RSVP handling
- Accommodation options
The following criteria must be met for us to be able to assist you:
- Your event is referenced in your Bushfire CRC project plan (it may be defined as workshop, forum, gathering, or maybe even a meeting)
- You plan to involve people beyond your regular Project Team of Researchers and End Users
- You plan to invite people, receive RSVPs and generally manage communications with Invitees
- You complete the Event Proposal Form and send to events or Vaia Smirneos on (03) 9412 9604
You will use a Flyer or similar to articulate your event, its purpose and include your agency and the Bushfire CRC’s logos
A forum, seminar or master class?
Events provide opportunities to guide, coach, inform and mentor others in knowledge sharing of new research. Events have a range of formats - each with a different purpose and design.
Master class - small group, interactive and discussion based.
Seminar/lecture - presentations, limited opportunity for discussion
Forum - presentations, some opportunity for discussion.
Workshop - highly interactive, collaborative group work.
Clinic - interactive and hands on.
Knowledge cafe - large group breaks into smaller discussion groups.
Conference - premier industry event, multiple presentations.
Other Upcoming Events
Large Wildland Fires: Social, Political and Ecological Consequences, to be held on 19 - 23 May 2013, at The University of Montana, Missoula, MT, USA
Power of Politics, to be held in Washington DC, dates to be advised
Sixth International Wildland Fire Conference, to be held in South Korea on 12-15 October 2015. For more information visit www.wildfire2015.kr