Proceedings of Bushfire CRC & AFAC Research Forum 2012 available
The formal proceedings of the Research Forum, held as part of the Bushfire CRC and AFAC 2012 Conference in Perth are now available.
The Research Forum opened the conference week and featured 37 presentations from a range of researchers from the Bushfire CRC and external organisations - covering the full range of fire and natural hazards.
The Forum was a great opportunity for the research community and emergency management personnel to engage in focused discussions.
The 2013 Research Forum will once again be the first day of the Bushfire CRC and AFAC annual conference - Monday 2 September in Melbourne. Register at the conference website.
To download each individual paper please click below.
- Adapting to climate change: Reflecting on our shared and uncommon knowledge
- Visions of sharing responsibility for disaster resilience: Sharing control
- Economic analysis of bushfire management programs: A Western Australian perspective
- Integrated economic assessment of management actions to reduce fire risk to Naseby, New Zealand
- ‘Wait and See’: The elephant in the community bushfire safety room?
- Couples’ bushfire survival planning: A case study the 2011 Lake Clifton (WA) Fire
- A comprehensive, nationally consistent climatology of fire weather parameters
- The effects wildfire on water yield and its relationship with vegetation response
- Aurora: Enhancing the capabilities of Landgate’s FireWatch with fire-spread simulation
- The hydrogeomorphic sensitivity of forested water catchments to wildfire
- Modelling the fire weather of Black Saturday
- Assessing the validity of tympanic temperature to predict core temperature of firefighters in different environmental conditions
- The stress of firefighting: Implications for long-term health outcomes
- Cardiovascular risk screening of volunteer firefighters